WE ARE HIRING FOR A COMPANY SPECIALIZING IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY IN THE WORLD :
PTC INSTALLATION MANAGER
PTC Installation Manager should install Positive Train Control (PTC) systems on locomotives and will support the efforts of Customer installation crews and carry out the following primary duties.
- Act as the primary technical interface between the company, including the project management organization and others business units as required, and customer management, sub – contractors and installation teams involved in PTC installations
- Develop the product knowledge needed to properly install, maintain, test and troubleshoot I-ETMS. Adequately develop knowledge of customer locomotives, in order to help define installation procedures
- Provide leadership and guidance to installation teams, to ensure accuracy of installations and maintain installation schedule
- Provide training and coaching to customer installers, on I-ETMS, installation design, proper installation techniques and processes, and safety throughout the installation period.
- Work with the client’s resources and teams on site, to ensure compliance with quality and manufacturing standards on the facilities
- Assist or execute installation validation test procedures
- Assist customer installation teams in resolving installation issues, if required
- Communicate technical and operational details to PTC systems stakeholders, both in customer organizations and the company.
- This employee must demonstrate and maintain a flexible attitude towards daily tasks; the employee will work with a wide variety of the company customers and personnel, including project management, engineering, field service and operations, as well as corresponding customer personnel.
- Daily tasks may include working on any facility, engineering, material, logistics or any other project related issue.
- Work mainly the first shift on the client’s property; this employee must be flexible to assist the customer at any time, over the phone or on site as needed, for the necessary support for troubleshooting and system maintenance activities
- Travel away from the installation site should be rare during the Collaborator project; the PTC installation manager should be willing to travel around the country on occasion for troubleshooting, testing, training, etc., as needed in order to fulfill Wabtec’s responsibilities on the project
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by the company management
- Attend project meetings as require
- Bachelors in Engineering or Associate’s Degree in Electronics, Computer Technology, technical related experience or training in the industry
- Knowledge of locomotive operation, electronics, and control systems and/or railroad experience preferred, though not required
- Experience with pneumatic systems; field installation and testing of electronics; software installation, configuration and testing; and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and explain technical documents such as engineering drawings and specifications, test procedures, and electrical schematics required
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical, electronic, software, and complex system issues
- Experience developing and improving business processes
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical installation techniques and principles
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; customer facing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Lean tools, principles, activities, knowledge of basic statistical analysis and reliability tools Fluency in French and English languages required, including both speaking and writing effectively
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, MS Project, strongly preferred
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Python.
Please send your application including a CV and a cover letter to the address « firstname.lastname@example.org » specifying the job reference REF_CAWA365_BU no later than 31/12/2021.